The Polluted Green

                                                               The Polluted Green

              Bombay, such a big city with a hung magnitude of businesses and energy, is on the roasting pit of success as the flames cook the flesh  garnished with spices and  oil . To fight for such a position takes a huge toll  on the economy, socially, culturally and in my case naturally. The Bombay I grew up in is the Mumbai I survive in. Though things are better now, the lifestyle being better there is a little emptiness in the heart , not too much , but  a bit.

     The good trees and cottages are gone, though you see a few around the corner. The green colour is being taken over by a tinted grey, which dots the landscape , but there are good buildings also with good galleries where things could really change for a person living in that place.It could offer a good view, and also is a good place to socialize. but there are a lot of appearances of buildings in the city. the green trees and shrubs are being pulled off and concrete forms the view covered in shiny outer coverings.

As the grey conquest carries on, I go as usual to the workplace in the rickshaw - a three wheeler which takes me to my office. As  I go through the way, we pass the mangroves and the mangroves are beutiful. the view is great - a sight to sore eyes, and you thoroughly enjoy it until you the stench of the muck fills your nostrils.Dirty waste use from industries and passers-by hits your nasals and you smirk!!!! Disgusting odour . However as the rickshaw moves along the road, I come to an area near the office  and see one of the most amazing views .

The view form the road is beautiful with the palms on to one side and a pavement to walk through while you catch the wondeful view of the mangroves on the other side . Also , since its a creek  there is water flowing between the  mangroves and the palms , the only problem is that it is black murky water. But ,still even in that impure form its the most amazing view I have seen. And the breeze hits you directly from the sea, a real amazing breeze that we got out here which just nails you in the head and keeps the cool flowing in your mind. I spend a little time everyday out there before I go to my office. Its beautiful, one of the best sights Ive seen and  its much more beautiful in the sunlight.Something really magical about it.

About the concrete monster who is invading Bombay, there is a lot of opposition and a lot of flack . Pollution, corruption and misguided ambition have destroyed a good city that I love, however this view that  I see tells me that though things are down for now, in the system of order there may still be something good to look forward to. A new way through the polluted Green.

                                                            The view I see looks similiar , but a lot lesser cars

                                                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Acidity of Progress

U2

The Latin Mass