U2


                                                

                                                                      U2

                       As the years pass by in our lives, things are forgotten. The tree grows and brings in new shoots and flowers, and the trees grow and gets larger. The old shoots dry up in the process, just like our memories. They grow old and fade away, as the brain makes way for new memories, and the old memories fade down in time. Sometimes though, an old memory just comes a visiting, and just illuminates your life like a bulb. While I lay on my couch surfing the internet, I saw the video of U2, one of the hip bands of my day coming on the screen. I was totally taken by surprise, U2 – the U2 was coming to a venue close to me.

                This great international class Grammy award winning act was coming to India, and performing in our country. The people from the sky were coming on our lands. For in the early years, it was U2 that we saw in music channels with those beautiful music videos. It was just great, man. The concert tickets were available online, and I immediately booked them and reserved my place. Yes, I had a ticket for U2, one of the best rock acts in the world!!!

Yet, even though I knew U2 and I had seen them through the years on television, there was a spell in which I had not seen them at all, and that involved years. I went through my shelves, to check for information on U2, and started recalling the numbers. As I started recalling, my first introduction to U2 was “Where the Streets have no name” where they play from the first floor of a building and gather an audience. My memory pulled tracks like “With or without you”, “Desire”, “and Stuck in a moment”and“The Sweetest Thing”. They had many numbers and many hits, most of them being on the top of the list.
But they had disappeared in time, and it was like making a new start again with them, just like the faded memory which was now igniting again. I had not caught up on any of their new albums, in fact as the music industry had faded out and live shows never were a regular feature, so the link had broken between the musicians and the audience. I wonder how business takes place in the music industry these days??!

    But still full of Zest, I went for the concert and live on the days that went by and were the good old days of my life, and there are many more good days to come, but there are some days in your life and don’t want those days to go by. I saw Bono and the entire cast of U2 and saw their spectacular performance, with getting an additional bonus of Noel Gallagher from Oases. Great show and a great performance by the band!!!  Bono did a great job. Will always cherish the performance. Need to start connecting with the lost memory that has come back.

check my cartoons at https://artworksspace.com/cartoons/


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Acidity of Progress

The Latin Mass