Queen - The Legends of Music

                                        Feels like I've got no rhythm!! I’ve got to find my beat and then "Caviar and cigarettes, well versed in etiquette "are the lyrics mouthed by the legendary Freddie Mercury!!! From the legendary group Queen, which is an explosion of talent that goes on till today .

     There’s a lot of history to Queen, starting with their most important thing - the music, then going on the other things, the glory, the fans, the awards and the prestige they have got throughout the years which continues throughout the years, and their endless enthusiasm is the icing on the cake!!!

      Queen is a group talked about by many writers and fans. I too share their passion and would like to talk about them(Queen). I just love them, they’re superb. From Queen, the one who stood out as a shining star was Freddie Mercury. Freddie “Ready” Freddie  who was the vocals and piano player of the group, is the name that is a brand apart from Queen and is the name that endures an alternate legacy from Queen.

      The first time I heard Queen was in 1994 in a hits album of the year with the single “Living on my own.”At the time, I used to dance to the song because there was a techno vibe to it, and at the time, techno was doing well besides rock ”n” roll. I used to really dance to the song, never understanding the meaning of it.I got introduced to Queen actually after the death of Freddie Mercury. We are the Champions was the song that actually got me introduced to Queen.

     The Music … of  Queen.. is a treasure. It is not just music, it is the varied expressions of talented minds coming together. Every song of Queen, in my opinion is unique. The effort can be seen in the work. The lyric in the song somebody to love “I work hard till I ache my bones” is proof to that.the music of queen is split into three stages of my mind - the first stage being one that connects you to the doors - it’s the piano that was played in the doors, the eerie tune that came from it that brough shivers, but Freddie’s style departs from it. It takes you more to a sentimental and exciting way of playing the piano. Then there’s the third stage - a stage of cacophony where the music takes influences from all kinds of rock , and puts you into a state of Euphoria, with the bells clanging and the guitar banging, with the town going wild and nothing for mild you see is mild. This part of the music takes me to Guns “n” Roses where I find the similarity to Guns ”n” Roses. The first stage takes me to the past and the third stage takes me to the near future and between these stages of sentimentality and madness - lies queen in their own, which is the heart of their music, the second stage, a journey of experimentation, of getting something new to their act,keeping it fresh

    She keeps her moet et chandon in the pretty cabinet. Let them eat cake she says just like Marie Antoinette” the lyrics are so good , they come to mind while I write. These lyrics are from “Killer Queen”. Listen to it sometime.

   Queen derives it influence from various genres like glamrock,pop rock, psychedelic rock to name a few and not only that , they went beyond rock to affect their work in a better way like delving into gospel, vaudeville  and opera. As you listen to Queen, you will see elements like the three band members singing as backdrop singers, or you will hear music like as if you were in the church, and sometimes Moorish music. Very often, you feel like you have come to a marketplace while you listen to this music, but you like the sounds that come through, because it is so beautifully synched that it could never sound sore. “Bohemian Rhapsody” combines such elements and although some person once told that it was a blunder of Freddie, I still vouch for it.

        All we need is Radio gaga, radio gaga, radio gaga cause we are the Champions, my friend and here we are, born to be Kings with the Princes of the Universe. The Music of Queen -it,s that thing I have for it. Crazy little thing called Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Acidity of Progress

The Latin Mass

U2