The Silent Football

                                                          The Silent Football           


                                                           Be Yourself
                                                           Do what you are called for, yeah
                                                           I'm a ball, hey
                                                           People with me they play

                                                           They kick me, they fling me
                                                            They kiss me, they stump me
                                                            In all ways, they use me
                                                            In slush I float
                                                            In rain showers, I fly
                                                            Extreme heat peels me off
                                                            in pain, these naughty boys
                                                            they kick me off

                                                            Put me on a shelf
                                                            Along with the trophies
                                                            I will smile and happy I'll be
                                                            But in my mind
                                                            I'll begin to weep
                                                            Because the plain truth being
                                                            - That's not me

                                                            On the green grass
                                                            when I fly  I see the world
                                                            from the Skies
                                                            The joy I bring on the faces
                                                             of the poor
                                                             Forgetting  their reality
                                                             as kicking me, to them is like
                                                             opening a door, to a lighter
                                                             place of heavens snow
                                                             I am the link between a team
                                                             I  joined 11 players to their dream.
                                                             anger, arrogance, reflect in me
                                                             And as the game goes on
                                                              The emotions I see
                                                              Taking flights like the Phoenix
                                                              not once, but countless times
                                                              being fought for by many legs
                                                             And when I hit the big wide net
                                                             They dance in joy, and sing all praise.

                                                              Victory time is not good for me
                                                              I'll never be in the picture, me youll never see
                                                              Thats when the trophy comes in
                                                               to take the credit for my work
                                                              A victim of kicks and bangs, but still I dont count
                                                              A golden block of  gold shines in the light
                                                              I end up having nightmares in the night

                                                              Well , this is my life
                                                               I love it much
                                                               Up,s and  downs it does have
                                                               But yes its me and who I am
                                                               Work I will till my bladdres burst
                                                               Doing what I love the most
                                                               Every once in a while ... I get a kiss
                                                               to show me that they love me too
                                                               Wouldn't trade it for any shelf
                                                                Because this is what I do the best.
                                                                Be Youself !!!!!

                                                                                                                               Yours Truly
                                                                                                                                    The Silent Football ( I talked too much!!)
                                                          
                                                               

   
                                                            
                     
                                                           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Latin Mass

The Acidity of Progress

U2